Sunday, November 21, 2010

Doing My Homework vs Being Direct

So, I was thinking...

In every social circle, there's a woman or two who have their "finger on the pulse" of the relationship statuses of the people within the social circle.  They know who's single, who's married, who's freshly divorced, who's already seriously dating.

Most of my life, I've avoided those women, despite their treasure trove of knowledge.  I felt icky about associating with women who found other people's business so intriguing that they had to seek it out so actively, and share the results with anyone who asked.


I've come to realize that as soon as I recognize there's a "most of my life" pattern I'm thinking of re-embarking upon, I should stop, take a step back, and strongly consider doing the exact opposite of what I've done for most of my life.

So, I'm thinking, now that I've been in a local recreational social group for nearly two months and have gotten a bit more comfortable, I should start opening my attention up for those women... in the know.

I must admit, I pause for a moment and think about the fact that this is an indirect/feminine essence way to find out who's a married flirter and who's truly single, and think about my thoughts and feelings about that realization.

I've come to the conclusion that there's a time to be direct, and a time to do my homework, and this is time to do my homework.

Plus, I trust my ability to set boundaries enough that I don't mind the thought of the women in the know knowing that I'm single and open to being asked out on a date.  Having someone play matchmaker no longer bothers me, and in fact I look forward to the boundary setting and relationship building opportunities that result from me respecting myself and being appreciative of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment