Saturday, November 20, 2010

Why I Find X-Files Fox Mulder Attractive

Let me first make it clear: I am INDEED talking about Fox Mulder, and not David Duchovny.

I don't know shit about the real man behind the character, and I don't care to.

All I care about is the persona he plays in the X-Files show - at least at the start of it, which is what I watched tonight with a friend.

I laughed my ass off tonight as I watched the Pilot episode, and then the next two episodes of the series on the DVD set my friend bought.

I noticed particular attraction to the fact that Fox Mulder is portrayed as a guy who knows what he's looking for, and has a strong passion and direction to his life without needing a woman to fill an empty space inside of him.

More attractive qualities are that he makes decisions without asking for permission (Scully is often left with her mouth gaping while Mulder goes off mysteriously on his own), doesn't engage in any approval-seeking behaviors, and as a bonus, also purposely using his quick wit and intellect to baffle the egotistical agents who scoff at the depth of his passions.

Does it help that Fox Mulder is always nicely dressed, being an FBI agent? Does it help that he's youthful and thin? Probably, but only because he doesn't use those things as tools to get things from others.

Would I date a schlubby guy who showed the same traits as Fox Mulder, minus the physical features and style of dress? Yes, considering I've dated underweight geeks and nerds, guys with buck teeth (as kids that is) and guys who were overweight, and those things were actually part of what I found endearing and lovable about them. Just like my unique traits, I guess ;)


I must say, however, that I was surprised to feel this way about Mulder, as I don't remember finding him intriguing the first time around watching X-Files. I mean, the Mulder/Scully chemistry was awesome for the first season or two, but I don't remember finding Mulder as particularly interesting.

Must Watch More X-Files.

No comments:

Post a Comment